When you are thinking about shipping cargo overseas, opting to have your cargo shrink wrapped is a highly recommended safeguard. Industrial shrink wrap is a very viable packaging alternative for protecting finicky equipment, heavy machinery as well as valuable goods from transportation damages that can happen during shipping.
The Shrink Wrapping Process
Shrink wrap, also known as shrink film is manufactured from polyethylene plastic. This kind of plastic is formulated in such a way that it shrinks when heat is applied to it. Due to its shrinking property, shrink wrap is used as an effective packaging material for shipments. Once it is wrapped around any kind of cargo and heat is applied, the shrink film clings tightly to the surface forming a very strong and protective barrier. The shrink wrapping process is therefore perfect for shipping goods which are fragile, large, odd shape or basically difficult to package properly using conventional crating or packaging materials.
Professional Shrink Wrap Applications
When applied professionally, shrink wrap can be the best packaging material for a wide range of cargo. Some of the sectors which benefit from shrink wrapping in Vancouver include:
- Trucking companies
- Marinas and boat owners
- Machinery and equipment manufacturers
- Shipping lines and freight forwarders
- Building contractors
- Aviation companies
Shipments Which Are Ideal For Shrink Wrapping
- Commercial Generators
- Construction Equipment
- Recreational Vehicles
- Boats & Jet Skis
- Large & Heavy Equipment
- Outdoor and Indoor Furniture
The Benefits of Industrial Shrink Wrapping in Vancouver
- Environmental Protection – Industrial shrink wrapping provides protection to cargo against various environmental agents such as wind, storm, rain, dust and debris which can cause damage and corrosion to goods during transportation especially over long distances.
- Time and Energy Saving – Availing professional shrink wrapping services is an ideal packaging solution for businesses and industries as it can save them a lot of time and energy as well as human resources.
- Damage Abatement – Sometimes oddly shaped cargo as well as shipments which have uneven shapes and sizes cannot be packed into crates. Such goods need to be covered properly to avoid any damage which is only possible by heat shrink wrapping them which offers complete and secure protection to all parts of the shipment.
- Superior Sealing – When wrapped professionally, industrial shrink film can be stronger than tarpaulin and other wrapping materials. Upon the application of heat, the shrink plastic seals cargo in a very secure manner and safeguards the shipment completely during transportation.
- Ideal For Cumbersome Cargo – The best feature of shrink wrapping cargo is that the plastic covers all types of surfaces making it an ideal packaging tool for safely transporting big sized and unevenly shaped goods.
Shrink wrap is one of the most affordable ways to package goods to ensure safe and damage free transportation. So if you want the best quality shrink wrapping services in Vancouver get in touch with us for a free estimate.